how to install wordpress on lightsail
Before start, let's discuss what's Amazon Lightsail.
Amazon Lightsail - AWS Lightsail
Amazon Lightsail is the easiest way to get started with Amazon Web Services (AWS) if you just need instances (virtual private servers). Lightsail includes everything you need to launch your project quickly—instances, managed databases, SSD-based storage, backups (snapshots), data transfer, domain DNS management, static IPs, and load balancers—for a low, predictable price.
This tutorial shows you how to launch and configure a WordPress instance on Lightsail. It includes steps to connect to your instance by using SSH, sign in to your WordPress website, create a static IP and attaching it to your instance, and create a DNS zone and mapping your domain. When you’re done with this tutorial, you have the fundamentals to get your instance up and running on Lightsail.
- Step 1: Sign up for AWS
- Step 2: Create a WordPress instance in Lightsail
- Step 3: Connect to your instance via SSH and get the password for your WordPress website
- Step 4: Sign in to the administration dashboard of your WordPress website
- Step 5: Create a Lightsail static IP address and attach it to your WordPress instance
- Step 6: Create a Lightsail DNS zone and map a domain to your WordPress instance
- Step 7: Complete the next steps
Step 1: Sign up for AWS
Step 2: Create a WordPress instance in Lightsail
Complete the following steps to get your WordPress instance up and running on Lightsail.
For more information about creating an instance in Lightsail, see Creating an Amazon Lightsail instance in the Lightsail documentation.
- Sign in to the Lightsail console.
- On the Instances tab of the Lightsail home page, choose Create instance.
- Choose the AWS
- Region and Availability Zone for your instance.
- Choose your instance image.
- Choose Linux/Unix as the platform.
- Choose WordPress as the blueprint.
- Choose an instance plan.
A plan includes a low, predictable cost, machine configuration (RAM, SSD, vCPU), and data transfer allowance. You can try the $3.50 USD Lightsail plan without charge for one month (up to 750 hours). AWS credits one free month to your account.